-->

TEST

Tuesday 24 September 2013

#4 Success Story :- This is what I got from GBIOFIN

Shruti Thakur 

B.Tech (Biotechnology) from Jaypee Institute of Technology , Noida
Zonal Head - A Zone

shruti@biofin.net


My journey of becoming Zonal Head starting from the post of volunteer in GBioFin started when I came across this organization in 2011; when GBioFin was taking baby steps on its journey towards a very high seeming goal. The stone of foundation of GBioFin was laid with the motto of spreading biotech awareness throughout India, and to uplift the biotech scenario in every strata of academic structure. The great vision of its founders inspired me to be a part of this initiative. I started working as a volunteer and slowly and steadily attained the position I uphold today.

My first task was to help build a network of students in my college. The initial team formed, we moved forward to incorporate gamut of people from different colleges and interdisciplinary fields of biotechnology in Delhi-NCR. The budding researchers of tomorrow’s era who were pursuing their graduation found biotech as a bit under developed field. We realized the gravity of the situation and started working for this cause.
As I interacted with students, I was able to interlink their needs with GBioFin’s services and advise them on it. Since its inception, GBioFin is clearly striving to bring to the students a proper picture of biotechnology in India. Due to this, GBioFin is working spectacularly well and is able to provide the channels of success and encouragement to the students.

I was then given to handle the Zone A after I was properly acquainted and experienced while handling Delhi-NCR. The zone comprises of 8 states. The scenario of biotechnology is completely different is other cities as compared to the metro. Cities are unable to provide either guidance/coaching centers for GATE or any other test. Moreover, where these centers are present, they charge hefty amount. Here, GBioFin took the initiative of GATE100. It helped in providing basic skills and knowledge to aspiring students. This initiative has received tremendous support from students, especially from areas where campuses are far away from cities.

The directors in this firm has been always encouraging and inspiring for one and all working with them. It’s because of their encouragement I got the opportunities to organize events in various colleges. This experience was a great gem for me. Believe me, when I talked to various executives in industry regarding our initiatives, I got very positive responses and the most attention grabbing initiative was GEIC as it ignites the fire of entrepreneurship in the minds of biotechnologists. As I hold a managerial position, I earned great experience in terms of company formation, management from a practical point of view and used my leadership
capabilities to work with the team. In short, I was given the opportunity to gain hands on experience of working in a firm at an early stage of my professional growth.

I was also part of the team of BIOTECHRINGS which was a great honor for me. GBioFin is playing an instrumental role in providing exposure to volunteers as well as the student partners associated with us. If I wouldn’t have been a part of GBioFin, I would have surely missed out on a great experience and added knowledge about my field. Working for GBioFin, I gained the positivity and I am in the position to spread the same to many others.